Are you someone who wants to have a home that is decorated exactly how you want it and in your style? Are you also someone who needs or wants to stick to a budget when it comes to decorating your home? These thrifted ideas to decorate your home will help you create a home exactly how you want it without breaking the bank to get it.
The best thrift decor for your home will depend on your personal style and the overall aesthetic of your space. Some popular options include vintage furniture, unique artwork, and one-of-a-kind textiles. You can also look for vintage or retro-inspired pieces, such as mid-century modern furniture or vintage-inspired lighting fixtures.
Additionally, consider incorporating vintage or antique pieces into your decor, such as old maps, paintings, and prints. These can add character and history to your home, and can often be found at great prices at thrift stores and online marketplaces.
One idea for adding thrifted home decor to your home is to create a gallery wall with your finds.
Use a mix of vintage and contemporary artwork on your gallery wall. You can find unique and interesting art at thrift stores, estate sales, and online marketplaces. To create a cohesive look, choose a color scheme or theme for your gallery wall, such as black and white prints or botanical illustrations. Find out how to do a gallery wall right HERE. You can also mix and match different sizes and styles of frames to create visual interest. Mixing different artworks from different eras can also add a unique touch. You can also include found objects, like vintage plates, old maps, and postcards, or even old record covers to add some depth to your gallery wall.
The entire space does not have to be thrifted (although, I would love to encourage you to do that) but just adding vintage mirrors, sconces, and chandeliers here and there will add some shine to your decor. Look for vintage furniture like a mid-century modern armchair, a vintage coffee table, or an antique chest of drawers to add some character in a bigger way to your room.
Overall, the key is to mix and match different styles, colors, and textures to create a unique and personalized look for your home.
More thrifted ideas to decorate your home:
- Add texture and color to your home with unique thrifted finds.
- Look for vintage quilts, blankets, and throws to add warmth and character to your living space.
- Repurpose vintage items. Look for vintage items that can be repurposed for home decor, such as old suitcases, trunks, and hatboxes. You can use them as storage, as a coffee table, or as a side table. I repurposed old, wood chairs to make a statement on our entry wall (see photo above).
- Incorporate vintage lighting. Look for vintage lamps, chandeliers, and sconces to add character and charm to your home. You can also look for vintage pendant lights and lanterns to add interest to your space. We pulled green barn lights from an old barn and put them up on our back porch and my office.
- Add vintage accents. Look for vintage vases, candle holders, and other decorative items to add a touch of history to your home.
- Add vintage furniture. Look for vintage furniture, such as mid-century modern pieces, antique armoires, and vintage rocking chairs, to add character and charm to your home.
- Mix vintage and modern. Mix vintage and modern decor to create a unique and personalized look. For example, pair a vintage mirror with a contemporary painting, or a vintage chandelier with a modern sofa.
- Incorporate vintage wallpaper. Use vintage wallpaper, such as vintage floral prints or vintage geometric patterns, to add interest and character to your home. It is hard to find vintage paper in large quantities so you can add it in smaller doses like to the sides of drawers on furniture, the inside back of a hutch, inside a cabinet, etc.
Overall the key to adding thrifted pieces to decorate your home is to have fun with it. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles, colors, and textures to create a unique and personalized look for your home.
To find more ways to add thrifted decor to your home, head over to my YouTube channel HERE! I am adding new ideas every week!
PIN THIS POST!
If you liked this Thrifted Ideas To Decorate Your Home post, you will also love these decorating ideas: